We are all finding ways to cope with COVID-19 and to protect our businesses and communities. In response to questions we have received,we put together some helpful information describing how FranchiseBlast can assist in your franchisee preparedness efforts.
1) Poll or Self-Assessment for Deep Cleaning Procedures
As part of health and safety procedures, franchisors are creating self-assessments and polls to make sure that locations have the proper set of steps required.
Until May 31st, 2020, we will activate self-assessments and polling at no cost to enable any franchise to setup COVID-19 preparedness assessments.
Sections of the assessment can include:
- Crew member training (all crew members have reviewed proper hand-washing steps.)
- Food contact surfaces (deep cleaning has been completed of food line, walk-in cooler and smallwares.)
- Non-food contact surfaces (deep cleaning has been completed for areas such as the dining room and restrooms.)
- Store hours (in some regions, hours have been affected based on local regulations.)
To help you during this time, you can access a sample poll by following this link.
2) Auditing & Coaching without Travel
As many franchisors are establishing non-essential travel bans, it may no longer be possible for the franchisor to visit the franchisee. Here are some tips to help you mitigate the impact of this crisis.
- Self-assessments: Using self-assessments, beyond what was discussed above, can be a way to audit without having a live auditor there. Using pictures and videos throughout, can ensure that you have a “visual”.
- Phone audits: Setting up a special phone coaching session is something your Franchise Business Consultants (FBCs) can do while at home. It also helps create some connections, and cope with unexpected issues as they arise.
Above all, it is not about fear, it is about creating a viable road map to navigate this situation.
If you have any further questions, we are here to help. Contact us using the form below for more information.
*Note: the sample poll is provided for illustrative purposes and does not constitute advice from FranchiseBlast. Please contact a Health and Safety specialist or epidemiologist to determine what is best for your franchise.