Increased use of Social Media.
Reduced use of mail system.
SMS messaging increases.
Increased awareness around mental health.
Determine Target Audience
- Sports Fans
- Parents of Students Taking the SAT earning 100k+
- Health-conscious single women
- Toronto Blue Jay Fans
- Parents of Students taking the SAT earning 100k+ living in Coral Gables
- Health-conscious single women who shop at Whole Foods in Manhattan
Make a List of Marketing Goals
Rollout updated branding guidelines to include SMS rules to system in Q1.
Test Instagram marketing with 12 Influencers in 3 markets in Q2.
Create central campaign for April tax season as per FAB meeting notes by Q4.
- Increase leads from Social Media to 10/month at a cost of $40/lead by end of Q4.
- Execute a 5,000 piece direct mail campaign, repeated 4x by end of Q4.
- Rollout April tax season campaign managed by corporate by Q2.
Determine Franchisee Marketing Tactics Based on Marketing Mix
Franchisor Marketing Mix
- Direct Mail
- Doctor Referrals
- Rollout Direct Mail from library
- Do 1 event/month
- Make 10 introductions to Doctors/month
Now that you have set Marketing tactics, you want to see what KPIs will be connected with them. This will help you measure final results, and track key milestones along the way.
- Customer Retention
- Open Rate and CTR
- Leads/Event and Cost/Lead
- Lifetime value of customer
Set Marketing Budget
Of course, when starting a franchise, this may mean using newly acquired funding, borrowing or self-financing. One thing to remember is that marketing is absolutely essential to the success of any franchise. When setting tactics for your franchisees, having ones that are low or no cost is important for those who may be struggling.
As the franchisee begins to gather costs for the marketing tactics outlined in the previous step, they may find that they have exceeded your budget. Simply go back and adjust your tactics until the mix is affordable. The key is to never stop marketing — don’t concern yourself with the more costly tactics until the franchisee can afford them.